Wednesday 6 April 2011

Shot List

On the left is a shot list.

We decided to produce a range of different shots to use within our trailer to incorporate a better result. We included various shots, angles, and movements, this overall will support use when filming as we have a set plan and should be fairly straight forward as it wont be out of proportion, nor will we be confused. However we may come to a stage where we may not put forward various shots.



To reinforce our ideas on the horror genre I researched films and watched trailers to help identify the best shots, angles and editing techniques to include in our production. One horror film I researched into was the uninvited, however I researched the poster on the horror film. In the trailer of the univited however http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqZpkxKPFQk I noticed that there were a number of fade to blacks which sets the genre of horror to the audience. These shots were very dependant at the beginning of the trailer which sets the mood for the audience. For this reason I will focus on using such techniques within my horror trailer. I noticed a significant number of close up and medium shots which contributes to the genre of the film as people are in more suspense and affraid of whats to happen next, close up shots help signify emotion and expression. I also noticed a strong low angle shot which also makes the audience question themselves about what is looking up at the character. The various shots and angles overall made the trailer more appealing and interesting to the audience, so including such techniques within my own trailer is very important as I aim to face the needs of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment